The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Thursday, February 7, 2013

A New Year, A New You…


 
So welcome to 2013, by now we are just over a month in and I would say getting pretty settled into the New Year and what it could mean for us so far. I want to stop here for a moment, this year is not “just another year” but it will be, if you let it.

I made the decision before New Years Eve that 2013 would be AMAZING! I figured a few of the past years had been plagued with the kind of luck that gets written up and acted out on various television shows, so why shouldn’t 2013 be lucky? Considering the number 13 is considered unlucky, I made up my mind that 2013 is going to be lucky for me. The saying I have used of late is “if you think it, it will come…” which not only reinforces the benefits of having a positive outlook but reflects just how damaging negative thoughts and feelings (particularly towards yourself) can be.

As we all do, I have work and responsibilities, but I have decided to make this year great. Every chance I can. I started it with a bang and I am going to continue to squeeze the life out of this year, every drop – why waste life? I don’t want to look back on life and regret what I did not do.

Last year I made lists of things I wanted to achieve, a friend of my sister’s told me how much she loved it, she called it “a total commitment to living”, and I loved that description (so thankyou Odette, that really motivated me!). These lists of mine also encouraged some of my friends to do the same. Late last year, during a night of laughter, games and drinks (many many), three friends and I wrote out our bucket lists – to be completed by age 30. There is everything and nothing on these lists – that’s my way of saying big and little things. I am so excited. If we do it, we’re thinking a trip to Vegas… cause, why not right? The whole idea of these lists is to get out there and DO something. Be someone. If the list I have written doesn’t get fully completed but I have achieved other worthy things in the meantime I will be happy.

As my regular readers of this blog know, I do not write regularly, I try to just write really worthwhile posts. I am maintaining that thought, but I will be writing more. I have a lot to say. I will have a voice and I will act. To see the bucket list … click here.. and keep coming back as I update it!

Live life and make the most of 2013,

Kooklah

No comments:

Post a Comment